dadiOH

Sam the Cat wrote:
I have a piece of cherry furniture that I am (re)working due to finish
problems.

Original finish was 3 coats full strength pure tung oil (lee valley).
On the top I added a coat of furniture wax.

I thought I gave the tun oil plenty of time to cure in the process
(about 2 weeks), but evidently not. The oil and the wax reacted and
the surface became very rough and blotchy -- even places where I did
not use the wax became rough as well.

Hate to ask but you did thoroughly wipe off the tung oil that remained
on the surface after applying each coat, right? I ask because my lame
father in law tried to put it on like varnish, wound up a pretty mess.
Also a sticky one

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...