Doug Miller

In article .com, wrote:

Yep. Your thinking is consistent with my blanket philosophy regarding
the sad people who need to rankle others or just be generally obnoxious
to satisfy some emotional need. I always say:

"Being them is its own punishment".

I love it!

That philosophy allows me to move on and forget about it.

Yeah, that's one I need to keep in mind. Thanks.

[snip]
That being said, it really is EASY to identify these posts from the
title, and it's EASY to skip over them.

It's not that easy to skip over them when there are thirty-seven _hundred_ of
them, like there were last night, with a couple of dozen useful posts
interspersed.

To me it's easier than
downloading the blocker software, though that's a good option too. You
won't hear me saying "I found the 40 obscene posts that I just read
extremely offensive". I wasn't offended by any of them because I DIDN'T
READ THEM.

Unfortunately, some of these posts have grossly offensive subject lines; every
newsreader I'm familiar with downloads the headers of every post, and if you
don't have filtering software in place to remove them, it's pretty hard to
avoid seeing the subject lines.

--
Regards,