Mary Fisher

Default building regs for staircases

"asdfasdf" wrote in message

We have guards fitted to all the doors so that young fingers don't get
snipped off and lie twitching on the floor.

Twitching bloody fingers are offensive and every precaution should be taken
to prevent them.

Our two children have learned to
shut doors with gay abandon, as fast as they like, and with no regard to

the
consequences, since they can't actually hurt themselves. Of course, when

we
are in the outside world they encounter plenty of doors with no
guards.......

Do you do a finger count when they come home?

Do safety devices of this sort actually encourage unsafe behaviour?

It could be argued so but I think that such guards on doors don't teach
children to be careful. They only need to bruise fingers once ... experience
is a great teacher and trapped fingers are hardly extreme injuries.

Mary

I couldn't agree more.

Mary

--