asdfasdf

Default building regs for staircases

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Toby" wrote in message
How is it that so many "designer" homes, often of the type shown
on TV or in the glossies, completely ignore these requirements?

The do look the business sometimes...
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/mark.orme/stairs.html

Oh nice :-)

I'm sure any 10 year old would happily take up the challenge to jump to

the
sofa. Risk management IMO is an essential part of child development.

We have guards fitted to all the doors so that young fingers don't get
snipped off and lie twitching on the floor. Our two children have learned to
shut doors with gay abandon, as fast as they like, and with no regard to the
consequences, since they can't actually hurt themselves. Of course, when we
are in the outside world they encounter plenty of doors with no
guards.......
Do safety devices of this sort actually encourage unsafe behaviour?

I couldn't agree more.

Mary

--
Toby.