On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:45:44 +0000 (UTC), someone wrote:

"I'm sorry, but we do not accept telephone solicitations for
charitable donations. Please put our telephone number on your
do-not-call list. Feel free to send us literature in the mail
and we'll be glad to look it over. Thank you. click"

Jon, you are way too polite!

"Put me on your do not call list." CLICK.

8 words compared to around 40.

And BTW, certain types of calls are not subject to a do not call list,
so just saying it and hanging up avoids prolonged explanations when it
is an outfit that is not subject.