Jerry Built

Default Microporus paint

Christian McArdle wrote:
Jerry Built writes:
ISTR he's got a sash window reconditioning bit on his web-site.
Worth a look maybe, as are the bods at Mighton Products.

[ snip ] can brush seal be used for the vertical sealing as well
as the horizontal? They aren't very clear about it.

There're some instructions on their web-site which show use
quite well - http://www.mighton.co.uk/Static%20Pages/weather.htm
(near the bottom of the page). You could use them, but they
really need accurate location with no "slop" which makes them
wear them quickly. The best bet is to use their parting bead,
and "standard" seal on the top rail, forget about using seal
on the staff beads - if you think about it, it doesn't help
very much! I don't like fitting seals at the meeting or
bottom rails, these normally fit well anyway, and do let
pooled condensation drip out. If you're using DG, then OK.

Secondly, how do you cut the 2mm strip in the non-beaded
side of the frame? Do you have to remove the frame panel?

Frame panel? Umm... Do you mean the inside of the outside
board that makes up the sash box frame? If I were you, I
wouldn't, the plastic parting bead does a fine job.

I'll see if I can find Jacob's website...

ISTR he included the URL in a fairly recent post.

J.B.