Bugs

Point lightning rods are no longer recommended for lightning rods. The
lightning research center in Socorro NM discovered that a flat, stubby
rod installed in arrays around the perimeter of the roof actually repel
the buildup of the ground charge that precedes a strike. I imagine they
have a web site.
Visiting their research center can get real exciting, so to speak,
during a storm. It is located on top of a mountain and has a large
glass dome for observation. They send up balloons on steel cables to
attract strikes and record their characteristics. I can't recall the
name of the laboratory at the moment.
Bugs