P.R.Brady

Default Shed Fixing

PoP wrote:
I've just bought and installed a new garden shed for my back garden -
the plastic variety made by Keter, 8x6x7 ft.

Now I've got to fix it to the ground so that high winds don't make it
take off.

I've mounted the shed on paving slabs, these having been laid on a
flat lawn. One thought I had was to bolt the shed to the paving slabs
because they are pretty damned heavy and unlikely to get tossed around
in the wind. However I'm not sure that this would be good enough, so
the other alternative is to go thru the paving slabs into the soil
underneath. This could involve putting some concreted holes into the
ground which can take fixing points.

It's no problem for me to move the shed to carry out this work, and
then put the shed back.

Thoughts anyone?

PoP

---
http://www.ukdiy.org.uk

Why not just put a few paving slabs inside? Works fine.
Phil

--
Phil Brady
Information Services