Jerry Built

Default Microporus paint

Christian McArdle wrote:
Jerry Built wrote:
Christian McArdle wrote:
Personally, I'm going to be doing my exterior woodwork in
acrylic [ snip ] it is much easier to lay a new layer of
acrylic than sand/strip everything back, like you need to
do for solvent gloss.

Rubbish, of course you don't need to do that.

You need to get the horrible peeled up brittle glossy top coat
off, which isn't a nice job.

Oh dear Christian, you seem to have encountered a case of
poor preparation/practice in painting. This can happen
with water or "oil" paints. Nice to see the top coat
was still glossy, though! Normally maintenance means a
thorough wash down/clean, spot treatment, re-coat.

J.B.