Jonathan Pearson

Default Can I have the heating on with radiator removed

Steve Graham wrote:
Thanks for the replies! Jeez you guys are quick.

You couldn't tell me why I don't need to link them together could you?
Surely there will be no water flow back to the boiler if there is a
gap in the system? I'm sure there is something I don't understand.

Thanks again

Because radiators are run in parallel, not series, but you still need one
radiator open at both ends, hence if you have TRV's on the radiators, you
will find that one of them (normally bathroom) won't have one as the flow
needs to circulate back to the boiler, thus although I doubt it will apply
in your case make sure that the radiator your removing isn't the one which
recirculates the flow (if its got a TRV then your fine)

Jon