Nick Brooks

Default Microporus paint

Pete C wrote:
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:11:21 +0100, "Stuart"
wrote:

Where do I buy this from.

Is it only mean't for hardwood

This has been specified on a property I am working on, at was to cover Cedar
V groved panneling. I have now been given the go ahead to use softwood
instead, don't know wether or not to ask to use ordinary paint as well!

Hi,

You might be better off using something like Sikkens or Sadolin, they
do microporous wood stain in a wide variety of colours, and have a
helpline too.

If you use softwood then a few generous coats of a suitable wood
preserver on all surfaces, particularly on end grain is a very good
idea. If you can coat the end grain of the panelling too, even better.

Cheap paint, microporous or not is often a bad idea.

cheers,
Pete.

Sikkens also do microporous paint and it's good stuff. So it should be
at £60 for a 5l tin

http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/s/SIKSAT/

Nick Brooks