IMM

Default Can I have the heating on with radiator removed

"Steve Graham" wrote in message
om...
I have had to remove a radiator from my central heating system while I
have my kitchen rebuilt. I will not be in a position to reconnect the
radiator for several weeks.

I need to know if I can safely run the heating with the radiator
removed?

Yes, as long as the isolation valves are firmly off. Count the turns of the
lockshield valve when you turn it off, and then open it the same number when
you replace the rad. Then go to the boiler and make sure the water pressure
is 1 bar. If not, top it up via the filling loop at the boiler. Do this
when cold and do not go over 1 bar, well not by too much.

I guess it will all depend on the type of system I have and the main
question will be whether I have to connect the two radiator pipes
together to allow the water to flow, or if I can just run the system
safely with the gap in it.

No need to link.