pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show JohnM
wrote back on Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:02:11 -0500 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
There's nothing like getting spatter down
low-top canvas shoes to brighten up your day.

I worked with a guy who seemed to be more concerned with how cool he
looked with his boot laces all dragging and the uppers and tongues
sticking outside his trouser legs than with the possible results of it..
I remember him sitting and screaming "Get it off!" as a big guy pulled
on his sock (I didn't know tube socks would stretch so far), he'd gotten
about a quarter-cup of molten aluminum down his boot and it really did a
number- burned the bones on the top of his foot, put him in the hospital
with a major blood poisoning. He was a miserable boy for a long time,
just about died from the blood poisoning.

My brother, when he was 12 or so, managed to spill about a quarter
pound of lead off the stove and splatter it all over the kitchen floor, and
him in cutoffs and bare feet.
Not a mark on him.

The metatarsal boots are a little heavy but they sure do a good job of
protecting your feet from such stuff, saved me some pain a couple of
times in that shop.

John

--
pyotr filipivich.