On 31 Mar 2005 12:11:47 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Yup. You can get liquid water below 32 degrees, depends on th' saline
content. Think brine tanks or th' Bering Sea. Worked in a cannery
where finished product (King Crab) was run submersed through about an
80' long brine tank. When it came out (100 lb boxes) it was frozen
solid. There was a pretty substantial recirculating pump in that
system.

Heck, you don't need brine for that. It was around zero F around
here this winter and there were still streams flowing. Not that
I'd want to go swimming in them or anything!

Thanks, but no thanks Jim, tryin' to quit. That's why I moved to a
place where th' water coming out of th' sky is almost always wet g.

There was an artesian(sp) well in Fairbanks, AK that ran 24/7 in temps
*way* below zero F. I can't remember it ever freezing. Best tastin'
water I can recall. We used to stock up on drinkin' water there every
week since our well was rather sulpheric in content. At least that's
what it smelled like.

Snarl