John Sullivan

They alsao have a paid service which allows sending also. I've been using
them for incoming only (the free one) for about 5 years without a hitch.

In combination with an all-in-one printer for outgoing, the efax free
service covers it all. Just be aware that they support the free service
through the use of fax-advertisements (I recieve 2-3 ads per year through
the service)

John
"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote
in message nk.net...
Incoming only - free. efax.com

My printer is *supposed* to send faxes with the modem. All free with the
computer. Works most of the time, but last time something wouldn't so I
went to town and paid to send one.

In my case, I can nearly always email instead of fax for outgoing.

Karl

"jw" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's possible to sign up for fax service. It's basically an email
system. I don't remember if there is a monthly cost, but I do know
there is a per page cost. You can "fax" anything digital to a mailbox
and it get's faxed out. Things faxed in are emailed to you or left in
the mailbox for you to pick up.

JW