Charles Spitzer

"Fred" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:G_f0e.1056$AN1.773@fed1read03...
Can I cut glass with a MK diamond saw tile cutter?

I have some 100 year old whisky bottle necks that I want to cut off
nicely and make hat pegs out of. I figured I would saw them at a slight
angle so that when mounted on a flat piece of barn wood, they would point
slightly up.

Has anyone ever cut something like this? I would make a small cradle to
hold them and get repeatable cuts, and would use a very slow feed with
the water spray.

Steve

I think there a special blade to cut glass cleanly. The normal diamond
blade will cut but will also chip the glass. Have not done this myself but
that's my understanding. 100 year old whisky bottle, sure you want to do
this?

as long as it's a non-segmented blade, it will work ok. there are a lot of
specialty glass blades, most of them expensive for doing just a few. if
you're doing a 1000, or need an exceptionally clean cut, you might want one.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts