:::Jerry::::

"[news]" wrote in message
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"[news]" wrote in message
news
snip

could one not place galvanised steel capping over the cables as

is
done when cables are buried in the walls ?

And what do you use to hold that stuff to the wall with, all the
galvanised steel capping I've ever come across has been hailed on

and
all the new capping I've come across doesn't have holes for those
nails - go figurer....

err, you don't nail through the capping, you nail adjacent to it

with
clout nails, pinning the edge of the capping to the wall.

The point is, no pun intended, the nail is quite capable of
penetrating the metal and being driven into the wall - what do you
think is going to happen when Mr Bean goes thumping a 3 inch masonry
nail into the loose skirting board ?... Doh!