Andy Hall

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:21:17 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

Fixings for the skirting board and that it is contrary to Wiring
Regulations. The latter doesn't mean that you *can't* put wiring
behind skirtings but when there is a wiring inspection (e.g as the
place changes hands) then it will fail.... This would be tearful.

What if you have sockets on said skirtings though?

(Thinking back to the Victorian place I grew up in - tall (ish)
skirtings (c. 8") - all sockets surface mounted on the skirtings)

I think that it wouldn't be allowable nowadays, although possibly
where you were, the wiring might have originally run in steel conduit.
That would give the appropriate protection.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl