Edwin Pawlowski

"G Henslee" wrote in message

I believe the OP's question may be legitimate, and may be due to some
confusion about the different types of product(s) themselves. The
numerous counter top outfits in my area use silicone for installing solid
stone countertops over plywood, however most use a mortar bed or
backerboard for granite or marble tile installation on counters, with
thinset. I beleive it helps them achieve a more even surface over all the
tiles.

The question of silicone versus thinset it legitimate, but the second
question about "should I investigate further" was lame. If you have doubt,
of course you should! I'm sure the information you posted will help.