G Henslee

blueman wrote:
G Henslee writes:

I've had good success using a 4" Makita offset grinder with a dry
cutting diamond blade. I have 2 different blades. One is serrated and
makes a little rougher cut than the finer blade. Someone mentioned the
masking tape along the cut line. That helps, as does steady hands and
a good eye, covered with safety glasses of course. An assistant
holding the shop vac nozzle right at the point where the grinder is
kicking the debris goes a long way towards dust removal. I've used a
box fan in an open window (blowing out) to help with the dust factor
also.

Is an "offset grinder" the same as an "angle grinder"?
If so I have a (cheap) Harborfreight version which seems to work well,
however, I am not sure my hands are steady enough to make an
adequately straight line without a guide. Also, one little quiver or
mistake and ...

Yes, that's what I meant.