Patriarch

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip
Good luck with the move. It's hell, but about 3 months after you get
there, all is right with the world again, you have your energy back,
and you know precisely where everything from every box went.

The standard answer in our family has always been "It's in a box in the
garage."

How can that be? You must have a separate shop, wot?

I have storage above the 10'+ rafters in the garage/shop, and lotsa gorilla
racks against the walls. Some of that is for woodworking, some, not so
much so.

Where upon we usually either do without, or go and purchase another one.

My favorite tribute to Darwinist thought processes is the family who
spends $350/year on a storage unit for some of their least costly JUNK
items which probably haven't seen the light of day for 8+ years.

As a dedicated bachelor, you may not recognize that $350/year is a
reasonable price for some measure of domestic tranquility. Because what is
your junk is her childhood treasure, or that of her darling children. Some
stuff will go away when, and if, she's ready. And woe unto the spouse who
tosses the other's stuff, without consultation. You think it's cold where
WeeGee lives?

Patriarch