Rick Hughes

Default Tiling the floor...

"Slugsie" wrote in message
I'm in the planning stage of remodelling my bathroom. I want to tile the
floor, and have been given enough tiles to do the job. The only slight
problem is that the tiles are 30cm a side, and I've been warned that if

the
floor isn't 100% stable they'll be liable to crack.

The boards under the carpet are currently 60cm wide, not sure how long as

haven't pulled up enough of the carpet to find out. I'm not sure what the
material is, but it doesn't look like wood. There is no noticeable give in
the floor, even when I jump on it.

Am I liable to have a problem? Should I just aim to position the tiles so
they meet over the joins in the boards, and use a felexible grout?

use a purpose made flexible adhesive for fixing tiles onto wooden floors.
(eg BAL)

Also if boards are not rock solid, put some screws in an 150mm centres to
pull them up tight to joists.

Rick