Bob Simon

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:17:40 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

I thought some magnetrons had a 5yr warrantee, look into it first.
Anyway years ago a shop wanted 80$ for my repair, at 35 today you can
get a cheap unit for 50- 100 a nice one. Costs have come down so much
with imported that repairs are often not worth it.

That's very interesting. I dug up the paperwork and found my Circuit
City receipt dated 7/15/00. Panasonic does indeed offer a five year
warranty on the magnetron, but it looks like the labor is not covered:

"Labor - one year on all parts (including, without limitations,
magnetron tube). After the labor warranty has expired, the purchaser
pays for all labor charges for removal and installaiton of parts
(including, without limitation, magnetron tube)."

So what's the likelyhood that the problem is really a blown magnetron?
Is there any test I can do with a VOM to determine if it's dead?

--
Bob Simon
remove both "x"s from domain for private replies