Martin Evans

"Magician" wrote:

Sparks

You are dead right in your diagnosis, although I'd check the nozzle
first!

Worth the effort, the KEW 88 is a legend amongst domestic pressure
washers.

Spares should be available. KEW is now called Alto and they are in
Penrith, Cumbria.

I hope they have a better policy on spares pricing than they had 10
years ago. Not long out of guarantee a motor burned out on a 340 quid
unit. They offered a new motor at 270 quid or a 'reconditioned'
pressure washer on exchange with 3 months guarantee at 290 quid.

Needless to say I declined so I ground the weld out and split the
motor casing, pulled the armature and had it rewound for 20 quid. A
15 quid weld job later (on stainless) and it was as good as new.