George

"Unisaw A-100" wrote in message
Ed Bennett:
Obviously, George is severely afflicted.

Yeah I had a similar run in with him a while back over band
saw alignment. I was making a case for wheels not needing
to be "exactly" (dead nuts David) coplanar. George came out
of left field with some gibberish not even having anything
to do with coplanar.

I had the damnest time trying to figure out what point he
was making. I eventually gave up.

Memories differ. Your assertion was that coplanarity was unimportant. Mine
that setting up initial coplanarity gave full range of adjustment for
subsequent blade tracking. Look it up, but I have a feeling you won't. You
didn't seem to comprehend much then, either.

If ever there was a case of measure with a micrometer and cut with a meat
axe, it's Ed's toy. "It's .003 off to the left, so how many times do I need
to hit the rear trunnion bolt with this mallet for .003?"