The Wanderer

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:24:11 +0100, Gelf wrote:

I bought this at the car bootie last year. I guess it's a bit long in
the tooth, but it seems substantially built.
Naturally, it doesn't work properly (always the way!)
The pump runs but the water comes out in rapid pulsating spurts and
the pressure gauge fluctuates from zero to about 1/4 way round.
Any suggestions of likely fault before I strip it down and likelyhood
and source of any spares that may be needed?
TIA Gelf

Got the same washer (I think), and yes it's (very) long in the tooth. I'm
guessing mine is 20+ years old.

Had exactly this problem, and it still crops up from time to time. It's
invariably a smallish bit of grit in the outlet lance, keeps blocking the
nozzle. Bit of a pig to clean out, I've found setting the lance to the low
pressure setting and 'jet' rather than fan spray so you can dribble some
water down through the nozzle, combined with some repeated tapping onto a
block of wood (don't damage the pipe & seal at the other end) will dislodge
the grit.

Don't try removing the nozzle. I tried it, buggered the 'fan' spray
deflectors and finished up buying a new spray lance complete. Quite pricey.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net