:::Jerry::::

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

I'm trying to build an unusually-designed lamp from scratch. I

bought
three core flex (live neutral and earth) and a basic B&Q plastic
lamp-type bulb holder - you can probably figure out my problem from
he a quick look in this group tells me that it's not unusual for

plastic lamp holder to have no earth terminal and thats what I found
with this one.

I assume this has no safety implications to worry about and that I
should just use two core flex? Is there any way I can wire it to use
the 3 core I have already bought?

Assuming this isn't just a troll posting.

In having to ask such a basic question, are you sure you are capable
of building this 'lamp' safely, or should you just give up ?

I blame all these UK DIY television programmes, "Yes you can do
anything, just a wish to do it is all you need, common sense or
ability doesn't matter - you CAN do it"..... not. :~(