Joseph Meehan

Bob Simon wrote:
My 1200W microwave oven no longer heats. Since the electronics
package still works and the motorized platter turns, I presume that I
need a new magnetron. How can I verify this?

In general, if we're otherwise satisfied with the oven, does it make
sense to replace the magnetron? Or is the cost probably going to be
at least 50% of the price of a new oven?

I would guess the cost is going to be more than 50% of a new oven. They
are really not made to be repaired. Once they are past warrantee, repairs
are usually out of the question. New ones are usually better and less
expensive than you paid for the one you have.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math