Appliance Repair Aid

Bob Simon wrote:
My 1200W microwave oven no longer heats. Since the electronics
package still works and the motorized platter turns, I presume that I
need a new magnetron. How can I verify this?

In general, if we're otherwise satisfied with the oven, does it make
sense to replace the magnetron? Or is the cost probably going to be
at least 50% of the price of a new oven?

--
Bob Simon
remove both "x"s from domain for private replies

Hi,

My 1200W microwave oven no longer heats.

Make, model#??
Counter unit, over the range style?

I presume that I
need a new magnetron. How can I verify this?

Local repair shop can check it out....save the service call if you
bring it in.

In general, if we're otherwise satisfied with the oven, does it make
sense to replace the magnetron? Or is the cost probably going to be
at least 50% of the price of a new oven?

Too little is known about your unit, some are very much worth repairing
and some are not. Some older "built in" units need to be repaired as a
newer one may not fit in the built in hole correctly.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/