Antony Gelberg

antgel wrote:

Hi all,

The floor in my flat is currently awful carpet, on awful ply "slabs",
on battens, on concrete. I was pondering fitting carpet or laminate.
But it just occured to me that it might be possible to fit "real"
floorboards on top of the existing battens. Is this likely to cost
much more (or less) than carpet or laminate? Is it even possible?

Antony

Check your lease if you have one or at least be aware that you'll
probably upset your downstairs neighbours.

Another wounder. It clearly states that this is a no-no. So in one
day, I've gone from halogen downlights and real wood flooring to normal
lights and carpet. I'm not really annoyed though, which probably shows
that my inital desires were not backed up with thought.

Antony