Jim Yanik

HerHusband wrote in
:

Jim,

What's a "thick latex stain"?

Amateur terminology...

We used Behr Plus 10 Semi-Opaque Stain, which was fairly thick. Almost
like a thin paint.

I "thought" the Behr stain had latex in it, but that was over a year
ago so I don't remember for sure.

Why would it have latex in it? (as a -stain-)
Latex is rubber,not a pigment.

In any case, when we were spraying it, it would dry up in the nozzle
and leave stringy little clumps. The water based stain was easy to
clean up with a bucket of water nearby, and we could get back to
spraying quickly.

Anthony

Were you using the supplied device to test the viscosity?

My Harbor Freight $70 HVLP sprayer(which I've not yet used) has a viscosity
cup to get the proper thinness for spraying.It's pretty noisy,though.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik