Doug Miller

In article , "George" george@least wrote:
Sounds like you're thinking somewhere but between your ears.

Or are you really as obtuse as you're trying to seem?

You'd be much more convincing, George, if you'd actually answer Ed's questions
and attempt to rebut his points. When the best you can do is to reply to a
reasoned (and reasonable) post with personal abuse, you sound like a gasbag
with an agenda instead of a person with a purpose for his actions.

wrote in message
roups.com...
George, I think that you should give this some more thought. What if
it's splintery when cutting from both sides? Are you going to try and
ajdust it so that it's equally splintery? Sounds pretty subjective to
me. And what about the cost of keeping a bunch of luan around for
"alignment" purposes? Personally, I haven't had any of this stuff in
my shop for more than a decade. I have no desire to buy any and if it
cost me more than a couple of bucks then I might as well have bought a
dial indicator (which would be much more useful).

What makes you so averse to using a dial indicator?

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com
Home of the TS-Aligner!

George wrote:
That said, I think the luan test is probably the most sensitive means

of
determining the blade parallel to the groove. Take a piece of that

nasty,
splintery peeled veneer luan, fix tightly to the miter gage and cross

cut it
_through_ the blade. If the rear teeth pick up no splinters when

cutting
from either side, you're nuts on regardless of what any third

mechanical
device tells you.

--
Regards,