Doug Kanter

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:Umg0e.19547$qN3.11909@trndny01...

"SteveB" wrote in message

Heat a little away from the joint so that you heat up the pipe, and let
the solder flow and be "sucked into" the joint.

The opposite of how I was taught by a guy that soldered hundreds of joints
in heating coils all day long. Heat the fitting, not the tube to suck in
the solder.

As it turns out, it'll be easier than getting the plumber to actually call
back. This could be the best reason in the world to learn to do it myself.
Why should I pay someone who takes a week to call back, after supposedly
"checking to see who's got the regulators"?