IMM

Default Under patio heating

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

Blimye. What a thread. Bloody thought police jumping down the mans
throat because he wants to waste his money.

It's the British talent for envy, cant and hypocrisy coming to the fore
again!

Where? Telling someone he is doing something very stupid is not envy. I
cant see any envy.

But I see a lack of sense of responsibility on the part of those that
think "If I can afford to waste energy, it's OK"

We're heading towards a potential energy crisis and runaway global
warming and the ostriches bury their head in the sand and think it's not
their problem

Many people with money like to show it off. They have a house far too large
for their needs, expensive impractical cars and let people know they can
waste energy. Luckily people now do not sneer the first two, but rightly
sneer the latter. They tend to be not very bright, just happened to have
made a lot of money somehow, and still have this tiny minded attitude of: if
I have the money I can waste it if I like. They can waste it all they like
as far as most are concerned, and spending it is a good thing for the
economy, except where it impacts on the rest of society.