loutent

Hi Todd,

I made/installed some oak doors with distressed glass panels
in a few of our kitchen cabinets a few months
ago. Got the glass from a local glass shop-take
SWMBO with you if you go!

A 12x24 sheet (approx) was $16 ea.

Rockler(feller) has a
very nice selection at 4x that price if you include
shipping. (Rockler.com)

You know you're on heady ground when
they starting pricing by the square inch.

Next will be sq cm. Then sq mm etc etc.

Metric is really beautiful that way. Feels
like a real bargain until you have to
actually pay for it.

Lou

In article , Todd Fatheree
wrote:

I'm in the negotiating stage with SWMBO to build kitchen cabinets instead of
buying them at the BORG. One thing the missus is considering is some sort
of opaque glass for the doors on the uppers. Now, I could argue that a
plywood panel would accomplish the same result as "opaque glass" (that's
almost an oxymoron), but I concede that the look is, in fact, different.
So, if one was looking for some kind of frosted or mottled glass, where
would one go? Is the local glass shop likely to have something along those
lines (I'd call but they're closed at the moment) or is there somewhere else
to check?

todd