Gunner

On 28 Mar 2005 16:18:25 GMT, Ignoramus29361
wrote:

While walking to train this morning, I found a shotgun shell on the
street. 12 ga 3.25", it would fit my shotgun. The question is, is it
safe? It has a slightly rusted perimeter of the base, otherwise it
looks fine. Looks like it fell out of someone's garbage.

3 1/4"? Thats relatively new. So it should be fine.

Just be damned sure that indeed you have a 3 1/4" chamber. While it
probably wont blow up a 2 3/4 or 3" shot gun in good condition..it
could and when a shotgun catastrphicly disassembles because of the
wrong ammo...people get hurt.

The rust on the base, no biggy. I was given 2 5 gallon buckets
full of such a friend of mine dug out of his garage. Lots of paper
shells too. Perhaps 3% of the paper ones were duds.

This after his garage had been under 3 foot of water for 2 days.

Gunner

Leftwingers are like pond scum. They are green, slimy, show up where
they are not wanted, and interfere with the fishing.

Strider