Well George, you proposed the "luan" method so it naturally follows
that you're the one to answer questions about it. If you don't think
that the sceneario is likely (or even possible), then say so. Avoiding
the issue with personal insults doesn't bode well for your credibility.
Perhaps now would be a good time to reveal if you've ever even tried
to align a saw using this "luan" test (and how much wood got trashed in
the process).

On the topic of being "obtuse", what makes you so afraid of using a
dial indicator? What compells you to speak out against such
instruments and the people who use them? I think that's what this
whole thing is about. I've admitted over and over again that the
traditional methods do work and some poeple are pretty good at them but
I just don't like them (because they involve subjective judgement).
How about a concession from you stating that dial indicators can be
used successfully to align a saw but you just don't like using them
(for whatever reason).

Maybe the location of my thinking has nothing to do with how it sounds
to your ears.

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com
Home of the TS-Aligner!

George wrote:
Sounds like you're thinking somewhere but between your ears.

Or are you really as obtuse as you're trying to seem?