RedOnRed

"Rob Nicholson" wrote in message
Dropped in to see my mum yesterday and she said the shower was playing up.
The symptoms are with dial #1 on hot (one step down from high) and dial #2
on 7 (of 9), the pump runs and the water gets hot. However, the
temperature varies noticeably and after running for say five minutes, the
water goes cold and the pressure drops. My mum has also said that it has
stopped completely a few times.

Diagnosis?

I assume a shower like this consists of a heater, a heat exchanger, a flow
control valve, a thermostat and a pump.

Cheers, Rob.

How old is it?

We've had a couple of Mira Sports (last house and current one) and they've
both been very good. Neither have failed yet, although the current one at
times is now louder then normal.

Electric showers certainly don't last for ever. If the shower is quite old
and out of warranty then you may as well just buy another one in my book.
Ours was about £140.