Robert Swinney

" In her defense, according to news coverage (we get the Portland stations)
she was using a hands free device,"

See, toldja! "Hands free device" . . . meant that there bad old RF was
even closer to her brain!

Bob Swinney

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
jim rozen wrote:

Finally darwin is starting to work here. Lady talking on cell phone
drives her SUV over a bridge into the river in Oregon:

http://www.koin.com/news.asp?RECORD_KEY[news]=ID&ID[news]=1832

Score one for those who *do* drive responsibly.

Jim

A nit-pick:
She survived. Darwin ain't involved. -5 style-points for calling a
false-Darwin to you, Jim. You ought to know better, by now!

But on the other hand, she gets plenty of extra points for style... An
SUV over the side... And she was yapping on her cell phone... Cosmic
justice WAS served, here, methinks...

And the google-ads that showed up... how INCREDIBLY apropos! AAA
Roadside assistance - Emergency road service in any car anytime,
anywhere, and "Great deals on Car Breakdown Shop on eBay and save!"

snicker

but was driving in rainy conditions. The
crash was apparently caused by sliding, not inattention. What surprises
me is how easily the SUV took out the guard rail.

No, I don't approve of talking on the phone while one drives, with our
without hands. No need to comment.

Harold