Jim Behning

Some folks have posred favorable results with the Harbor Freight hvlp
conversion gun which is sometimes under $50. You need a good size air
compressor to run it. I have one on the shelf but have not had time to
try it out.

What are you trying to spray? Sometimes a brush is easier than having
to cleanup a gun. Also the material you want to spray affects the
correct spray equipment.

MitchA wrote:

Hello,

I'm a hobbyist woodworker and also dabble in the occassional DIY project
and am looking to spedn less than $200 on an HVLP unit. I see that my
options are limited to the Wagner XTRA Paint Crew ($178) or the Campbell
Hausfeld HV1001 ($179.95). I have seen plenty of bad reviews for Wagner
products but can't find any on CH. Can anyone here chime in with
experiences with either unit?

Thanks.