Dundonald

Lobster wrote:
Dundonald wrote:
What's the best way to connect twin electricity cable (side by side
sheafed in plastic) with standard twin and earth? Are there any
connection boxes made for this purpose?

Are you talking about connecting 'flex' (as in, the floppy stuff

which
has a plug at one end and a table lamp or telly at the other) to

'cable'
(as in, the stiff stuff which is fixed down and normally hidden under
floors/ceilings etc)?

If so, you'd better provide more details of what exactly you want to
power up with this arrangement.

If not - please clarify!

Apologies for any confusion. No the twin stuff I talk of carries 12v
and is what came with garden lighting I bought from B&Q. It's simply
two live wires, each individually wrapped in plastic and stuck side by
side together so the whole bit of wire is flatish. But I don't want to
use that wire as I only got 15m of the stuff. Instead I want to use
the twin and earth that's already circulated around my garden.

The lights have a small length of the same twin/flatish cable that
would normally connect to the said 15 ring that came with the lights,
but I want instead to connect this to the twin and earth.