Appliance Repair Aid

Alan Greenspam wrote:
Any chance the loud honk or buzz I hear after the turning the

dishwasher
on is the solenoid plunger activating and then failing?

Probably not...the drain solenoid is for drainign and not the washign
mode.

I'm not sure when the solenoid plunger activates normally so I'm

wildly
guessing and I do have this problem throughout all cycles..

The solenoid and plunger engage whe nthe d/w wants to drain out.

Jeff, if you are still there... I removed the sump entrance screen

and
removed some gookus. Tried the dishwasher again and same result.

Honk
with the sound of water and stop - pauses for about 5 second and then

tries again with the same result (until I turn the dial back to off).

Any chance this is worth replacing the drain solenoid or the back

flush
valve before giving up on this machine?

Probably neither will help

I don't think itll be worth a new motor and pump assembly because of

the
machine age/ installation labor. (also because I may be able to

replace
the first two but trust myself less on installing a new motor and

pump
assembly)

Replacing the pump assembly is fairly easy and it comes with some
directions But if the d/w is not worth spending $105.00 it is time
ot go shopping.

http://tinyurl.com/6r5vz
Motor and pump assy ( comes with new drain solenoid as well )

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/