Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

How is it possible to to only adjust one side and leave the upper rack
lopsided? The models I've seen that have an adjustable upper rack
also had 3 spray arms, as most of the better units do, with one of
those being on the bottom of the upper rack. To move the upper rack,
it has to be all the way up or down, so that the pipe connection for
the arm connects into the appropriate one of two receptacles in the
back of the dishwasher. Does your model only have two arms?

Two arms and a spray at the top. Having to lift both sides detracts from
the versatility. Sometimes the bottom rack has a taller than usual item,
sometimes the top rack does so you lower that side. I guess I'm spoiled but
I do have the higher priced models and that is one reason they cost more,
they are more verstile. This is my second KA in 24 years and both had that
ability.

As for how big of a problem it is, that's something we'll have to
disagree on. Having seen i done the right way, and valuing the
abitlity to easily move the rack, I wouldn't even consider the models
with the half assed 4 releases. It's just stupid, poor, design and
IMO, inexcusable.

I guess it is cheaper. I don't know, I never looked at how they were made.
Of course, one handle is better than two, but there is no reason to have
both sides on the same plane. Check yours further and it may work that way.