Harry K

Steve IA wrote:
Ray wrote:

I planning on installing a light at each corner of a metal building

in my
backyard. I would like the lights to come on at dusk and turn off

at
daylight.

Why? So the theives won't trip over the watch dog and sue you?

Security
lights offer little security and only serve to point out a spot where
something valuable is kept. Unless you're up all night watching,

you'll
never see an intruder.
Besides, lights at night can bother the neighbors. Maybe you live

isolated
and that's not a problem, but the light may shine in your bedroom

window as
well. That could be good as it would keep you up so you can watch for

the
invaders. If you must, use motion sensor lights that don't shine all

night.
Please research and think about what you are about to do.
My 2=A2 worth.

Steve
southiowa

Exactly! It's almost as if people are afraid of the dark. In the
urban area those lights **** off the neighbors. In rural areas they
are a beacon to the thieves and light up their work area nicely. The
answer is motion sensors, at least there is a chance that by coming on
they will scare off the lowlifes.

Harry K