Frederick Wilson

AHHHHHHHHHH, I get it. I know I have ran the saw with that bolt loose
and the motor jumps around and the belt slaps around and the blade slips.

I wonder what would happen if I put in a longer bolt with a tense spring
under it.

Thanks,
Fred

Max wrote:
"Frederick Wilson" wrote in message

Hello,

I have inherited a Craftman Table saw from my Dad. I think I can recollect
that my Grandparents got it for him when I was a youngin'.

I just purchased a new belt for it, I don't think my Dad ever put a new
one on it. Anyway, in order to raise or lower the blade I have to loosen a
bolt on the motor pivot and then retighten when I have the blade height
set.

How is this suppose to work? I sure don't recall seeing any of the home
improvement shows or Norm adjusting this bolt when raising or lowering the
blade.

Thank you,
Fred

That bolt is not supposed to be that tight. Just snug enough to keep the
motor from "jumping".
It should be loose enough to allow for raising the blade.

Max D.