Alan Greenspam

Any chance the loud honk or buzz I hear after the turning the dishwasher
on is the solenoid plunger activating and then failing?

I'm not sure when the solenoid plunger activates normally so I'm wildly
guessing and I do have this problem throughout all cycles..

Alan Greenspam wrote:
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Alan Greenspam wrote:

I checked the two fan blades - the three holes on either blade (where

the water must come out) have nothing lodged there.

Thanks Jeff for the link to the lower priced part - anyway for me to

narrow down if its the cooling blade?

My conclusion on whether to repair is leaning in the opposite

direction.

This is a dishwasher that is nearly 20 years old, and the part
requires a handyman installation (I've yet to find one in

neighborhood).

I'm afraid if I do replace the pump/motor approx. $200-250 and it
breaks again (given its age, a possibility), I would have been better

off buying a new one.

I'm considering
Whirlpool 24-Inch Built-In Dishwasher (Color: White on White)

ENERGY STARŪ

Item #: 75888
Model: DU1050XTP

Approx with installation cost is $540
Ralph Mowery wrote:

"Alan Greenspam" wrote in message

Hi,

anyway for me to
narrow down if its the cooling blade?

http://tinyurl.com/53wt6
Spin the fan blade by hand as sometimes it breaks free from the motor
shaft and can make a terrible/odd noise.

If the blade is ok and nothing jamming up the motor and mpump assembly
from running properly ( see sump inlet behind the lower spray arm
)...if the motor is receving 110-120 volts AC but not running or just
hummmmming = new motor and pump assembly time.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Jeff, if you are still there... I removed the sump entrance screen and
removed some gookus. Tried the dishwasher again and same result. Honk
with the sound of water and stop - pauses for about 5 second and then
tries again with the same result (until I turn the dial back to off).

Any chance this is worth replacing the drain solenoid or the back flush
valve before giving up on this machine?

I don't think itll be worth a new motor and pump assembly because of the
machine age/ installation labor. (also because I may be able to replace
the first two but trust myself less on installing a new motor and pump
assembly)