RBM

There are any number of ways to do this. One, I like is to control the
lights through both a photocell and a commercial time clock like Intermatic
T101.
With the two controls in series, you can have the lights come on at dusk and
off at a time of your choice
"Ray" wrote in message
I planning on installing a light at each corner of a metal building in my
backyard. I would like the lights to come on at dusk and turn off at
daylight.

I know that there are light fixtures with photo sensors that will take
care
of this. But I was wondering if it would be better to put them on a timer.

If I recall correctly the photo sensors can be overridden at the switch in
the event one would want to turn them on before it's time.

Will a circuit with a timer in it allow me to overide and turn on the
lights
before it's time ??

If the timer route is an option, what type of timers are recommended ??

Thanks...