Nick Atty

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:07:01 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Yup. To me, an SDS drill which weighs little more than an ordinary mains
drill and is vari-speed is essential if you intend using it for long
periods.

Those who recommend heavy non vari-speed 'cheap' drills simply don't use
them much.

Yes, but if you don't use them much, they are fantastic. I've used my
dirt cheap Ferm one only about 5 times in the last three years. Each
time it's done something that would have been very difficult or
impossible without it. Well worth the money.

If it died, I'd probably buy something a little better, but not that
much - unless I knew I had a big project coming along.
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)