Richard

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Yup. To me, an SDS drill which weighs little more than an ordinary mains
drill and is vari-speed is essential if you intend using it for long
periods.

Those who recommend heavy non vari-speed 'cheap' drills simply don't use
them much.

Hi Dave,

In defence of the cheap SDS+ drills I bought my cheapy purely for
knocking holes in a concrete garage rather than destroy my Bosch, never
thinking that it would replace the Bosch. Also I was cautious about
overspending on what I feared could have been a single use tool.

On the other hand I could have been so badly put off by the unfriendly
behaviour of my cheapy that I might never have bought another SDS+, let
alone one that's any good!

Cheers

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info