SteveB

"Rex B" wrote in message
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Rex,

I think you covered it very well.

The local shops are in a race to the bottom.

As I said earlier, the consolidation of the industry is far from over.

The day the big box stores start selling gas is the day the local shops
are finished.

And before someone jumps in says it can't happen, you might want recall
how you used to have to buy propane and how you do now. Propane refills
are done this way now and the small propane companies are gone.

TMT

I dunno, I think a few local shops will survive in any market that has
some industry. Just like the local auto parts store, they can't keep doing
business like they did in the 1960's. They have to innovate, diversify and
provide outstanding service to take price out of the equation, or at least
move it down a couple notches. Some here have already found stores like
that in their local market.

--
- -
Rex Burkheimer

Yes, they will, where the market it small. In small town Texas, and in
small town, USA. But anywhere there is a larger market, BigBoxItIzation
will prevail.

Just MHO.

Steve